Five Rules For Profitable Stock Trading
In this article, I am going to share the Five Rules For Profitable Stock Trading that I follow to consistently make money. Even though I couldn’t catch the bottom of the 2020 stock market crash, I still have been able to achieve more than 100% return in 2020 with a portfolio of about 100 stocks with gains in individual stocks ranging between 20% to %500. In 2021, my portfolio went up by 40% near the stock market peak in February, and currently, it’s currently about 20% higher. This year, I also started trading OTC stocks with a very small amount because OTC trading is very risky. I am having great success with OTC stocks which I’ll share in another series of posts.
It takes a lot of time to do the research, update and manage this website which I developed in 2017, but I am passionate about the idea of achieving financial freedom early without being a slave of a regular 9-5 job. My mission at SST is to spread and share the knowledge about investing and stock trading so people of all ages & experience can become financially independent without depending on a regular 9-5 job or use this knowledge to build their side hustle. That’s the main reason I created my Instagram page @smartstocktradingstrategies and started posting on my youtube channel.
Subscribe to my youtube channel for receiving notifications about the upcoming videos that will help you achieve financial freedom.
Follow me on Instagram for my more frequent thoughts on the stock market and investing.
✨Achieve Financial Freedom🚀🎉
🎯Trading Stocks & crypto
🏆High Return ideas👇🏼
Always Keep Emergency Funds Aside
- An emergency fund is money you set aside for an emergency situation and use for what needs to be done.
- Keep emergency funds aside worth at least three months of your monthly spending.
- Trade with the money that you are not going to use in the near future.
Do Your Own Due Diligence
- Never Trade Solely Based on Someone’s Recommendation
- Do your own due diligence before buying any stock to maximize your returns.
- Why a particular stock is trading higher or lower? Research about the company, its management, its assets, projects, and financials, etc.
Manage Risk, Don’t Avoid It
- Risk is often associated with market volatility. The higher the risk the higher the reward is
- Know your risk tolerance and targeted profit range before buying stocks
- Before using the actual money open practice trading account/s or learn to paper trade
- Start with a small trading account and grow it gradually
Diversify Your Portfolio
- Diversification often equated to not putting all your eggs in one basket, is a tried and tested technique that mixes different types of investments in a portfolio to lower risk.
- By including investments that are less correlated to one another – or react differently to economic and market events – gains in some can help offset losses in others.
Have a Strategy to Manage Your Portfolio
- Most traders and investors are successful if they have good money management strategies.
- How long should you be holding a stock for?
- How much profit you are targeting?
- What will you do if the market crashes?
- Learn technical analysis, learn to read stock charts to enhance your trading skills