Vizsla Resources Corp. (CVE: VZLA)
Vizsla Resources has been a standout silver stock this week after the Company released a batch of extremely high grade drill results from the Napoleon Vein Corridor on the Panuco Project in Mexico. Headlines numbers include hole 7 which yielded 8,078 g/t silver equivalent (1,808.2 grams per tonne (“g/t”) silver, 66.8 g/t gold, 2.99% lead and 3.30 % zinc) over 6.0 meters.
Mike Konnert, President and CEO, and Charles Funk, VP Exploration, both just me to recap the results and look ahead to follow up work. We put these drill results in context with the last round of high grade results. Also outline some of the other vein targets on the property that will be tested this year.
Recent surface sampling of the new Honduras vein has returned high grades above minor historical workings over a 250-meter strike length. The vein trends northerly beneath younger cover rocks concealing its true length. The results make this an attractive target for the current 14,500 meter drilling program in progress. The company’s aggressive exploration program has defined a new discovery, the Paloma Vein, at the Panuco precious metals district in Sinaloa, Mexico. Mapping and sampling have revealed outcropping mineralization over the 500 meter long vein.
- 664 g/t silver equivalent (508.0 g/t silver and 1.95 g/t gold) over 2.0 metres at Honduras 5 – Honduras Vein including;
- 1,051 g/t silver equivalent (801.0 g/t silver and 3.12 g/t gold) over 1.0 metres
- 436 g/t silver equivalent (287.7 g/t silver and 1.86 g/t gold) over 6.4 meters at Honduras 3 – Honduras Vein including;
- 886g/t silver equivalent (580.5 g/t silver and 3.82 g/t gold) over 2.6 meters including;
- 1,264 g/t silver equivalent (784.0 g/t silver and 6.00 g/t gold) over 1.2 metres
- 557 g/t silver equivalent (311.7 g/t silver and 3.07 g/t gold) over 3.4 meters including;
- 948 g/t silver equivalent (514.5 g/t silver and 5.43 g/t gold) over 1.8 metres
About the Panuco project
Vizsla has an option to acquire 100% of the newly-consolidated 9,386.5 Ha Panuco district in southern Sinaloa, Mexico, in the Municipio of Concordia. The option allows for the acquisition of a mill, mines, tailings facilities, roads, power, and permits.
The district contains intermediate to low sulfidation epithermal silver and gold deposits related to siliceous volcanism and crustal extension in the Oligocene and Miocene. Host rocks are mainly continental volcanic rocks correlated to the Tarahumara Formation.
“Progressing to drilling is the next step of Vizsla’s rapid advancement of the Panuco district. The 2020 program builds on the early success in 2019, including sampling six prospects with multi-kilo silver intercepts in channel samples and raising over C$6,000,000 to fund the Company’s maiden drilling program.” President and CEO, Michael Konnert stated, “This program is intended to unlock the potential of the district that Vizsla has consolidated for the first time in its 450-year history.”
Vizsla is planning an aggressive exploration program for 2020 with a team of ten geologists and supporting staff actively mapping and sampling across the district.